How to Talk so Kids will Listen: A six-week Zoom workshop for developing parenting skills that can improve ALL your Relationships – at Home, at Work and in Your community. Six consecutive Tuesday evenings from 7-8:30 pm beginning March 16, 2021. $240
This workshop will offer an in-depth exploration of the principles and skills presented in the acclaimed book How to Talk So Kids Will Listen and Listen So Kids Will Talk by authors Adele Faber and Elaine Mazlish. The book’s wise guidance will be supplemented by the presenters’ extensive collective experiences in providing parenting support from a neurobiological, attachment-focused perspective. The workshop is grounded in the foundational principle that a safe, secure, nurturing relationship is the most important ingredient for promoting children’s well-being and skill development. Emphasis is focused on helping parents learn and rehearse practical skills and break ineffective, counterproductive habits and patterns. Topics covered include:
- Helping children develop a realistic and positive self-image.
- Setting limits while maintaining relationship.
- Coping with negative feelings.
- Expressing anger without hurting.
- Engaging children in willing cooperation.
- Resolving conflicts peacefully.
- Creating a family atmosphere of love and respect.
Zoom sessions will consist of a mix of the following:
- Presentations by Chris & Susan related to chapter topics.
- Excerpts from pre-recorded tapes by Faber and Mazlish,
- Workbook exercises.
- Role playing exercises.
- Sharing of experiences, challenges and successes.
- Homework. (optional but will increase success).
Group size is limited to 15 participants to promote a conducive environment for sharing and discussion. Participants are expected to be on camera and attentive throughout the sessions. Sessions will last 90 minutes. The fee for the workshop is $240.
click here to register